Saturday, May 19, 2012

look! i'm already posting again!

These past couple days have been really nice. I didn't have work yesterday so I got to sleep in and relax all day. Then my sister and Ben left for a camping trip in the evening so I went and got myself 2 cupcakes (one regular size white chocolate raspberry and one mini red velvet. They even gave me the mini one for free!) and take-out Chinese food. Then I watched Two Weeks Notice while eating my Chinese food and cupcakes and I loved it!

I've been watching movies that take place in NY lately, to get myself ready for moving there haha. So far I have watched Little Manhattan, Spiderman, Two Weeks Notice, and tonight I watched You've Got Mail. I'm going to run out of NY movies to watch soon, but maybe I can find some online.

Then I started thinking about the wrinkles I am developing around my eyes so I searched for an article about what to use on your skin in your twenties and I found this awesome website All Women Stalk with an article called 10 best skin care products for 20 somethings and I found a couple other articles about great skin products and I wrote them all down and went to the drugstore, but they only had one of the things on my list. That was probably for the best though, since most of them were pretty expensive and the one I did find was on sale for $2.99! It's called Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and I used it last night and it was amazing! It smells so good!

Then today I only had work from 6-10am, so I had pretty much the whole day to myself. I stopped by Walmart to see if they had any more suitcases on clearance (I bought one a couple weeks ago that was originally $80 but I got it for $30) but they didn't so I went to Kohls next. They are apparently having a huge sale this weekend and all the luggage was 50% off! It was still a little more expensive than I'd like, but if it lasts me for years it'll be worth it. I ended up ordering one at this kiosk thing since they didn't have it in the color and size I wanted in the store, and I got free shipping so it worked out. I also got the second largest size instead of the largest, because if I fill a 29" suitcase completely, it will probably weigh more than 50 lbs and I won't be able to lift it, so I got the 24" instead. I figure this will be the one I will mainly use in the future, and if I never use the Walmart one again, it'll be ok because it only cost $30.
isn't it pretty? =)
Then I went to DSW because my sister got these sandals there last week and she really loves them and since I haven't bought new sandals in years I figured it was time. They are different than the shoes I usually get but I really love them! Plus, I think I should retire my rainbows because they are so old and dirty that when I wear them they make my feet dirty. I ended up looking at almost every shoe in the store and trying on a couple pairs of heels for fun, but it's probably a good thing that the only shoes they had in my size were super ugly haha.

Cute, right?
Now I am just washing my sheets and hanging out with Rocko. I want to paint my nails, but I have to wait until my laundry is done so I don't mess them up.

 Is it sad that I really love having the house to myself? Seriously, it just makes me feel so happy and free, which is kind of weird because it's not like I normally feel oppressed or anything. Sometimes I like being alone so much that I think I'd like to live alone, but then I remember that I also really like telling someone about my day and chatting and watching TV and movies with someone. So maybe one day I will live alone, but for now I am glad I live with people. I just like when those people are not here and I get a few days to myself =)

-E



No comments: